Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumpkin Plethora

I am always a little sad to let go of summer... So much so that it is way into the month of October and I am still talking about it.
However, my consolation comes when I look out the window to see leaves changing colors to bright yellows, reds and oranges and we get to benefit from the bountiful harvest of the Northwest.
So far this fall, we have enjoyed going to apple festivals, onion festivals, hay mazes, corn picking, and pumpkin picking.
Just look at these happy kids!

Saturday we hosted our 2nd Pumpkin potluck party. Last year I think we had 8 people. This year, between parents and kids, we had almost 50 friends join us.

On the menu, we had pumpkin lasagna, pumpkin black bean soup, roasted pumpkin with chipotle peppers, ravioli with pumpkin cream sauce, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin waffles, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin pie, and sparkling pumpkin cider. Yum! Thanks everyone for contributing.
Thanks to everyone who came - we enjoyed having a reason to get together with friends!

3 comments:

Vixie said...

Looks like you had a good time at your pumpkin party. Do you have recipes for the menu?

Brittany said...

remember that time we had a pumpkin party? that was AWESOME!

when are you going to post pics from your trip back east?

when is our next get-together? oh wait, wyatt and i are the ones with the lame schedules. lame.

Jen Demaris said...

it was so yummy! Still dreaming of all those dishes!