Friday, November 06, 2009

East Coast (part 2 - Ocean City, MD)

The next stop on our East Coast Adventure was to Maryland to spend a few days with Jim's mom and sis. Nancy and Audrey ordered some great weather for us and and we hit the beach!
This is Bridger and his "beautiful hair". I got these wigs at a garage sale for a dime each and Bridger is so fun, he doesn't mind sporting it when we want a chuckle.

Audrey, Jim and I (after some coaxing) got in the water and boogie boarded. Bridger was content chasing the waves while Kacy tried to eat sand and got snuggles from grandma.
What do you build on the beach in October? A SAND-O-LANTERN!
We also enjoyed walking and pedaling the surrey along the boardwalk. Bridger loved riding the rides and we loved eating all the unhealthy goodies along the way.
Another highlight was crabbing. Grandma Nancy took us all fishing for Maryland Blue Crab.
Bridger really had a good time doing this, especially after we started catching some! Jim was the only one brave enough to touch the crab to put them in the bucket.
I think we caught 8 or 9 crab in all, but only 4 were big enough to keep. We took our spoils home and had them for dinner that night.
We had a great time with Grandma Nancy! Thank again for a fun week!
P.S. Sorry we left your house infected with germs and got everyone there sick after we left! :(

1 comment:

Grandma Nancy said...

It was worth it! I kind of knew that I was in for it when I shared my bed with snuggly Bridger for a couple of nights.