Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Alive and Well

The purpose of this post is to assure our loving and concerned Grandparents and Great-Grandparents out there that everyone in our household is alive and well.
These little rascals keep us busy and on our toes, as they are learning the art of teaming up together to gang up on their parents. This mischievous match-up often result in messes, noise-making, dancing parties, race-running, laughing, and all around busy-ness.
It is fun to see Bridger and Kacy really enjoy playing together. Kacy has always enjoyed following Bridger around. More and more, the feeling is actually being reciprocated with Bridger enjoying following Kacy around, too.
Bridger and I have also had some hilarious conversations lately. The other day during breakfast, he intently looked into my eyes and said: "Mom, when I get older, I will go to Arizona, but you will stay at your house." Apparently I am not invited to the next Mineer Family Reunion.

He really must have grandparents on the brain because a short while later, we were driving in the car and I told him he needed to be quiet for a few minutes while I call grandma on the phone. "Grandma! Grandma! She is my favorite!" came the reply.
Unfortunately (for me), Bridger is also loosing his internal need to have a daily nap. I have been hanging onto his naps as long as I can, especially because most days I can get B's nap to overlap with Kacy's nap. Today was a day Bridger decided he did not need a nap. I resorted to bribery and then threats, by telling him he can either go to his room and read on his bed for quiet time, or stay up and do chores with me. Apparently chores are not too scary to this 3-year old. He told me he really wanted some "chooses" and could not wait to do some chores. The plus side is that I actually did have some help cleaning the bathrooms today, which doesn't always happen.
So here they are - my cute kiddos I tried to get to sit still long enough to smile and let me take a picture wasn't blurry while they were both looking in the same direction. This is the best one I got, which I really like except for the huge Lightening McQueen night-light in the back ground. Oh well!

10 comments:

Mural Artistry by Karen said...

Adorable! GREAT Photos--Miss you all so much! Love the checkerd shirts. Momma Karen

Alyssa said...

Love the kids blue and white shirts! They area so cute!

bontovi said...

Mel.. Bridger has grown so much since we last saw him! And where did you get that rug from??!! CUUUUUTE!~:).
Anyhoots, we were at Red Robbins on Friday and thought we saw you and your hubby. As it turned out, there is another couple out there that has your same appeal. (from the back)... loves.

bontovi said...

okay.. so i thought i left a comment.. but it didnt show up. anywhooz... i wanted to say.. HEEEEYY!!:)
Bridger has grown soo much since we last saw him. Siblings are so fun!
We thought we saw on at Red Robbins last Friday, but as it turned out, t'was another couple that looks like the two of you from the back:). kit.. loves to the bebes.

Alyssa said...

they are really cute. too bad they can't go rafting with us!

Anonymous said...

My totally unbiased opinion is that those are two of the cutest kids I've ever seen! Can't wait to get my arms around them next month.

PS--I edited out the night-light so it now looks like Hansel & Gretel in the woods. I'll send it to you.

Alisha B. Whitman said...

That's so great that they're playing together nicely!!! Meri hasn't been napping lately either or if she does, she won't go to bed at night. We do an hour quiet time, but I can't honestly say Meri's is always "quiet."

erin said...

ok - i have to smile, elizabeth told me the same thing -- when she did not want to nap, that she would help me clean. i on the other hand did not get any help. she just played! oh well. she sure likes to help do the dishes ... i think because it involved water.
but your little ones are adorable. hope all is well up north!

Nola said...

What great kids! I am glad they like each other and have fun together. I hope life continues to go well for you!

The Red Crew said...

I think it is so fun our kids are the same ages and going through the same phases at the same time! We really should get together soon!