Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Oh, Christmas Tree!

 This year the kids and I picked up our Christmas tree from a young man raising money for his mission. We went to his family's property, and after much deliberation (B was ready to go with a 18 ft tree...), we decided on a beautiful 10 ft Douglas fir. Bridger was especially excited and interested about the chainsaw action.
 We got the tree tied down and journeyed home.

 After working some of my SuperMom magic, I was able to untie the tree and get it set up BY MYSELF! (Jim was out of town, so this was our surprise to him).
 Kiddos were great decorators. They loved hanging ornaments and playing with the goodies from the decorations box.

Each day the decorations seem to be congregating higher and higher on the tree as Aron pulls them off and I reposition them out of his reach. Soon we will have a bare tree on the bottom 3 feet of the tree.


 Santa's little helpers...

 It is funny that both Aron and Kacy seem fit into the Santa outfit this year.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Kelly(M&M) said...

I am so impressed, Mel! I am still trying to get mine finished before the PRogressive dinner and it is only a 6 foot tree. You are a cute mom!