Saturday, December 21, 2013

My Weekend at Wharton

In November I got to accompany Jim to a  weekend in San Francisco without kids! Too bad we were there because Jim had class all day.
Now I have a better understanding of how he travels and what his schedules like every weekend he comes because I was there to do it with him.
I sat in on a few classes with him. The class was interesting, but I'm certainly not used to sitting down for three hour blocks.
One of the evenings Wharton treated the students and significant others to a Cirque de Soleil show, Ama Luna.
Another night, I convinced Jim he shouldn't study and come walk around downtown San Fran with me and see Enders Game. The next day in class Jim got cold called on and was ill prepared to answer. Sorry, honey!

I enjoyed some sunshine as I walked around Embarcadero. I was there for the Farmers Market and saw some amazing products, but didn't have a way to bring them home on my carry-on.
This was one of longest ships I saw in the bay.
One morning I went for a jog and came back with a bag of Sourdough bread. And yes, I am sure I looked silly running 2 miles back to my hotel with a big bag in my hand.
I am so grateful to the several friends and families that helped watch my kids so I could be with Jim. This trip was a perfect blend of getting a lot of time with Jim at school, and getting some alone time to relax and enjoy the sunshine.

No comments: