Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hanging out in Portland

Last week in Portland, they had a "Sand in the City" Festival. We went to check it out and had a lot of fun. It helped us remember how much we enjoy walking around downtown Portland. It really is family friendly (besides the parking), and puts on some fun activities.


Bridger & Daddy watching the puppet shows.

We of course could not resist going for the fountain. "Water" is actually one of the few 2 syllable words Bridger says consistently. Maybe it is his Arizona heritage that makes seeing water such a special event.

A few of the sand sculptures.



Cowabunga Dude!

Getting a drink after dancing on the streets.

5 comments:

A's TEAM said...

These are great pictures as usual! The 2nd to the last, I thought he was licking the wall! =D Michael enjoyed Bridgers little dance moves! Looks like you guys are enjoying yourselves! Hope to see you all very soon.

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Love the dancing! How fun that you guys went. I saw it on tv and thought it looked great but didn't really follow through. Good times.

Raina said...

I wish we would have gone! That looks like a ton of fun! Cute pictures, and you're going to have to watch him with his love of water... he might be the next great "gorge games" contestant. :D

Jenny said...

Melanie!
I'm so glad you found our blog! I was going to ask Katie to see if you had a blog because I agree, it is the BEST way to stay in touch. Bridger is so cute and congratulations on the new one to come! Reading your blog makes me realize that we really can still have such fun outdoor adventures even with little ones. I can't wait for the next post.

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. I loved the sand castles!