Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. For the first time in a few years we did not travel, so got to enjoy a lot of family time and our own house for the long weekend.

We began the week making a "Thankful Turkey". Notice it is overflowing with feathers of all the things we are Thankful for. Everything from family, to Cars (as in Pixar), to our health, and to Jim's job. We have had a great year and I do feel particularly thankful for the many blessings in our life. (Bridger took the picture below. He is becoming pretty good as our resident toddler photographer.)
Thanksgiving morning we loaded the kids up and participated in Sherwood's Give & Gobble. I ran the 5k with the kids, and Jim ran the 10k. Jim did a 10k in Sacramento, CA last year and we both did the Fort Worth Turkey trot when we lived in Texas. We really enjoy this tradition of participating in a Thanksgiving race; we get to help a good cause and burn off some calories about to be consumed later in the day.

As the race was about to begin, Bridger announced that he had to go potty. So as everyone was starting to run forward in the race, I was dodging people while running in the opposite direction in search of a bathroom. We started our race 5 minutes late, but it felt good getting hundreds of 'kills' as we jogged past all the walkers in the race. Come on, don't tell me you don't enjoy passing someone in the race - even if they are walking! :)

After the Give 'n Gobble we headed back home for pumpkin pancakes. Yum!
We had our Thanksgiving feast with 4 of my cousins (plus their families) and my Aunt & Uncle from San Jose. There were 11 adults and 16 kids (did I get everybody?) in attendance. We had a great time seeing everyone, and even got to help celebrate Greg's 40th Birthday. I didn't get a great photo of everyone, so I decided to just post our beautifully set table.
Happy 1st Thanksgiving Kacy!
I am especially grateful to be a parent to two awesome kids. Bridger has had a huge couple of weeks & months lately being a great big brother, becoming potty trained, trading in the pacifier, helping our family to remember to read scriptures together at night and being Mom's Big Helper. Kacy is such a happy girl - everyone who meets her instantly falls in love with her big smile. She is an explorer, she likes to be right in the middle of whatever is going on and has about 6 teeth trying to work their way out.

We still have our days where I am ready to send the kiddos to bed and call it a day before noon, but mostly I know that these are the perfect children for me and I am grateful these little energetic spirits were sent to us.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: