A little update on what has been going on this month.

After a week of REALLY good behavior Bridger earned himself a new bike!

He is SO excited to have a 'big boy bike'. He is already asking to take the training wheels off so his bike can be like mommy and daddy's bike.

Kacy, Bridger and I got new helmets at a bicycle safety fair to celebrate the new bike. Kacy seems pretty excited to officially inherit this super-cool tricycle that plays music. She may not always wear her clothes, but at least she is wearing her helmet!

Bridger loves his new bike and new helmet - a LOT! He wears his helmet throughout the day whether or not he is riding his bike.

The other highlight this month was that I ran and completed a 1/2 marathon! Jim and the kids came to cheer me on. Before the race, Bridger was helping me get my playlist ready.

Helvetia was a fun race along farmland and country roads and we had great, sunny weather - which I really appreciated. I ran my 13.1 miles in 2 hours, 6 minutes, which was an average of 9:30 per mile.

I still don't consider myself a runner, but more and more I see the appeal of the phenomena that is running. Whether it is getting outside, exploring the scenery, setting and accomplishing goals or the treats that you can enjoy post race, this was certainly a positive running experience for me. I loved that my family came to cheer me on, and it was fun running a this race with my cousin and some great friends.
4 comments:
I think I like 1/2 marathons too, but I am for sure not a runner!!
I think Bridger and Matyas would be great friends! Matyas also loves to wear his helmet.
Love the bikes. Good job on your race! Great accomplishment! I love your beautiful green blog! You are the cutest little outdoorsy family! We need to see you guys soon! Let's hook up this summer!
yay! for some reason i can easily picture bridger riding his bike without his training wheels. he seems like an adventurer.
and...great job on your 1/2! i think you can consider yourself a "runner" for sure now!
I LOVE your blog! Congratulations on completing the half marathon!! You are beautiful, your kids are beautiful (and amazing)! Looks like you all are having a GREAT time!
Post a Comment