Monday, October 18, 2010

Having been born of a goodly father

So, obviously I am not great at posting every day. Hey, who has time for this? However I feel good about what I have been able to document in the last few weeks and will continue to catch up on our summer for the rest of this month.

When my dad was out for a visit this summer, I was able to have some fun adventures with him (sans kids!). One of our great adventures was white water rafting on the Deschutes River.
This was our crazy river guide. He was a lot of fun and was sporting the "Tom Hanks in Cast Away" look. As I was looking at all the river guides who are basically transients and spend their summer days floating the river, I couldn't help but think "Why did I go to school all year round?" Ugh!
Ahh... Summer time and the living is easy.
After our adventures on the water, we headed to Mt. hood for some adventure in the snow. We spent some time hiking up to the ski area and glissading down the icy snow.
Here is my dad by the Pacific Crest Trail sign. When he was a teenager, he and some of his hippie friends (his words, not mine) decided to hike along the Pacific Crest Trail in Oregon from California to Washington. And you wonder where I get my love for things outdoorsy?
More Daddy/Daughter adventures to come!

1 comment:

Loralee said...

What a cute dad!!! Adorable.