Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mother's Day

For Mother's Day I had my mother at my house! I also had two extra kiddos that we temporarily adopted for the weekend while our friends where out of town. 
The kids got along great. 
I love having my mom around- she is so fun and silly!
My kids are so luck to have such a wonderful grandma. 
Lately I have been thinking about what kind of mom I want to be? How will my kids remember me? How will they look back and describe how I raised them?
I feel like as a mother I have my good days and bad, wonderful and frustrating, fulfilling and trying, joyful and long. Here are some days I am amazed and wonder how I got to be so lucky with my three darlings, and other days where I just can't wait until nap time. 
I think I find it difficult at times because motherhood isn't really quantifiable. I guess I could track the number of loads of laundry I wash, the number of diapers I  change, by how many bandaids I apply or the quality of meals I prepare. However, a successful motherhood comes in small moments of love, teaching, tenderness, nurturing and connecting every day.
For fun we got our nails done. I let Kacy get a pedicure and she was thrilled! She was so cute smiling and giggling the whole time.

I am so great full for my mother and all she does for me. She is creative, kind, fun, loving, talented, and giving. She still continues to find ways to support me when I need it most and say just the right thing when I need a little mom pep talk. 



I wish I could say I am always fun. I wish I could say I am always patient. I wish I could say I totally enjoy every moment if every day. However, the best I can do is say I am trying my best to do those things and to hopefully one day will be the mother I want to be.

For now, I will just try to keep up with my kids and help them become the special and beautiful people (inside and out) they were born to be.






Love!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I think you are an amazing mother already. You have awesome kids and you are an example to me of joy in motherhood!