Friday, October 04, 2013

Sherwood Family Triathlon

This was the 5th year the Schaffer's have participated in the Sherwood Family Triathlon.
My mom did it with us, too, and was the first year doing the whole course! She was in town because she drove home from UT with me from our Epic Road Trip.
Bridger swam without help and Kacy and Aron floated along with my mom and I.
The Swim was a lap up and back in the pool.
On to the bike course. We did the 2 mile course while the Bridger and Jim went ahead and completed the longer 5 mile course,
Kacy was going to bike herself but as we started, her nerves where getting the best of her so she just opted to ride in the trailer with Aron.
Kacy was ready to take off on the run!
Go Grandma Karen!
Yay!
Here come the men! The run was 1/4 mile.
All together at the Photo Finish!
I love this family event and am so proud of my kids and my mom for doing hard things!
We had a great time doing the family triathlon!

1 comment:

Kelly(M&M) said...

I love that you have made this a family tradition. How great that Bridger did the 5 miles with Jim! I just love your active family. You are such cute parents!