Saturday, November 01, 2008

"Treat Treat"

We had two very fun activities to help us celebrate Halloween this past week. First, we had the ward Trunk or Treat, were we made our family appearance as the "Super Schaffers".
Here is our car sporting its Superness.
Jim got a lot of feedback on his "Surfer Dude" wig. Many people thought he was growing out his hair, which is funny because if it ever got near that long, his hair would really look more like an white boy Afro.


Bridger was a little confused at times because he could not recognize all his little friends right away with their great costumes. A little too much stimulation by the end of the night.


Our second fun event for for the week was getting together with our friends in Sherwood and Trick or Treating on Halloween. Bridger was Santa, Jim was a Surfer dude, and I was the Wendy's girl (or Pippy Longstocking if you prefer - it was a flexible costume).

We got to carve a pumpkin...


Caught a ride on Daddy's back...

And really got the hang of the whole 'walk up to a stranger's house and collect candy thing'...
We went trick or treating with 3 Disney princesses, 1 lady bug, 1 bumble bee, 1 adorable flower, 1 Santa, 7 happy parents, and 2 proud grandparents.
We kept trying to get Bridger to say the traditional "Trick or Treat", but he didn't bother with the Trick, and would exclaim: "Treat Treat!!" as he held out his bag.

We had a great time. Thanks for the fun & Happy Halloween everyone!!
Now, I think it is close enough, I can start listening to Christmas music... :) Hey - at least I waited until November.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the family picture at the top of the blog! is that new? Bridger is getting so big and cute.

Jenny said...

I love the "Super Schaffers" outfits. It is so you Melanie. Bridger makes a pretty cool Santa as well. What a fun Halloween!

A's TEAM said...

I LOVE the Picture of you guys on the Header. You guys look great! Also, the costume this year were great! I totally thought you looked like Wendy! Hope you guys are doing well.

Mandy said...

Glad to hear you are another early listener! I just pulled out all my holiday CDs, but I have to "sneak" them so Michael doesn't know I'm listening until after Thanksgiving!

Raina said...

2 costumes? Wow... this is too much! Santa and superman are pretty much the two most wonderful characters, and Bridger had the fun of being both! I'm super jealous!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the Christmas music--I started right after Halloween. We already had snow, so all bets were off....

(Great costumes--love the hair, Jim!!)

Aunt Peggy