Just after I had Kacy, I felt like I needed a goal to get back in shape that I could look forward to. So I signed up for the Blue Lake Sprint Triathlon, and even talked my friend Brittany into doing it with me. So, we prepared ourselves for the 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike & 5k run.

My cousin, Greg, and his son, Jeffrey (who I swear I used to be taller than) also were doing the sprint
tri also. It was fun to know other people doing the race. I appreciated Greg entertaining all my questions leading up to the race and giving me great advise on how to survive my first triathlon.

I actually had a really great time. My goals were to be in shape enough to finish the race, keep moving the whole time, and have fun. Thanks Jim for supporting me and teaching me how to a "primal yell" for that extra rush of adrenaline at the end. And thanks mom for being in town to help paint our house and watch our kids that morning so we could let our babies sleep in while we went to the race.

Here were my stats:
Total time: 1:51:35
Swim time: 0:22:09 (575th place overall)
Bike time: 0:48:41 (560th place)
Run time: 0:31:46 (473th place)
So, I survived swimming in a lake, getting passed on my mountain bike while others were on their fancy road bikes, and running on jello legs. Now, my next one is in August and is a women's only race. Anyone want to join me?
4 comments:
Good job on your first one!! Count me in for August (I signed up yesterday).
This is so neat!!!!! You two are such an inspiration! I am so proud of you. I wish I could do it! You are amazing!!!
You are Uh-maze-ing!!
You are pretty awesome!
Thanks for being incredible!
Way to persevere to the end!!
¡Gracias por ser maravilloso!
When in August? I might join you!
Post a Comment