We are here! We are officially in our new house and have been working hard to make things ours, fresh and under control. Here is a few pictures to show what we have been up to and the progress we have been making.
Here is a picture of the front of the house before we moved in:
This was Bridger's room before (notice the whole patch of wall unpainted):
We were privileged to have my mom come and help during our move and we put her to work. Initially, I envisioned a cutesy, cartoon-like (think Winnie the Pooh) room with rolling hills that perhaps had some Oregon features in it. As my mom began to work her magic, Bridger's room was transformed with a beautiful real life mural of Mt. Hood (this picture really doesn't do it justice). Jim wishes this one was actually in our room. Thanks mom!
For Kacy's room, I had a lot of different ideas. Before having a girl, I would never have dreamed that I would paint a room in my house pink. However, 5 gallons of pink paint left in our garage provided us an opportunity to draw inspiration from this dress:
For this room:
So, we did paint the walls pink and Jim and I painted on chocolate-brown flowers, leaves and vines. It turned out cute and I have fully accepted that we have a GIRL! And we have some extra pink paint if anyone is in need.
This is the kids playroom. Yes, there is a bright orange wall, bright green wall and bright, sunny yellow wall. But it will be light and bright, all year round and I love it!
Last, but not least, in the master bedroom, we did a red accent wall, with neutral-green walls all around. Before you hear red and green and think "Christmas" check it out. I think it really came together and I love having a nice, big bedroom that our bed actually fits in (it didn't fit in our room at our last place).
Anyway, this is the new place! Come on over for a visit and a tour anytime!
15 comments:
The house looks amazing. Your painting is great. I like the red door much better! I love what you did to Kacy's room--you're so artistic! And, your mom did such a nice job with the mural in Bridger's room too. And way to go with the triathlon and the marathon. You all have been very busy!
What a beautiful home! Congrats you guys!
Looks so good! How lucky to have a painter in the fam. Congrats on your new house.
It looks great! I think bright, colorful walls are tons of fun. Do you really have lots of leftover pink paint? We could maybe use some. Also, I found a sweatshirt that I believe belongs to Bridger. How can I get that to you?
AMAZING! This looks great! You guys are truly blessed!
Melanie, the kids rooms are beautiful! The whole house looks great. Congratulations on a job well done!
This looks AMAZING!!!
I want to come see it!!
Looks great... I can't wait to come see it! Now you are all practiced in painting, maybe you can help us!
Your house looks great, I bet you are loving it! Congratulations, this is exciting!
Great job on Kacy's flowers! I'm so proud of You!
Momma
your whole house is adorable! i love all the rooms, and your front door is so cute! :) nice job!
So fabulous!
Congratulations on getting it all done and moving in! Bridger's room is unbelievable, your mom is amazing and I am completely impressed with the flowers on Kacy's wall. Nice work with the whole house.
Looking good! My favorite is the pink walls with the flowers!
Okay, you did such a good job decorating. Want to come do our house next? :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kacy's room. I can't wait to paint Lucy's room pink. I have wanted to do it since she was born, in a few weeks I will get the chance. If you have extra paint I would love to take it, but if not, no worries!
Can we come see your house? Let's have a play date!
Oh, and we will be sigining the papers on or before the 31st. We are hoping it will be on teh 24th seeing as how Tyler will be going out of town the following two weeks which will complicate things.
Post a Comment