Monday, June 01, 2009

MIA

We have been a little preoccupied lately, so it seems like from our lack of posting that life has been boring when really, things have been quite exciting.

First of all, Jim ran his 3rd marathon on May 30th in 3 hours 45 minutes. Great Job Jim! Pictures to come.

I am doing my first triathlon this weekend and am getting butterflies in my stomach in anticipation.

We bought a house!! And are currently moving, packing, painting and split between two locations.

I keep having that song from Pocahontas run through my head that has the line "you'll discover things you never knew you never knew" (or something like that) as we prepare to officially move into our new place.
For example:

Who knew we would have an opinion on whether or not clips would show on the valance above the windows?

Who knew there was a sign at Home Depot that says "Husbands may not buy paint without a note from their wives"?

Who knew they do not even sell paint that is just called "Yellow" or "Red" or "Green"?

Who knew grass could grow so high in our backyard so quickly? I think it is above 2 feet now.

Who knew it would be so fun to sleep on air mattresses in your new house, you would not even miss your furniture. Well, I wouldn't mind having my bed...

Anyway, we will be continuing our little hiatus until we get everything in one location and don't have paint sticking to our fingers.

2 comments:

Jen said...

we miss you already!

Kelsey Ann said...

busy busy bees! We have some good shots of Jim in Newport. I will try to email some of them over for you guys.
And can't wait to see your new house!