Thursday, November 07, 2013

All Women's Throwdown

In September I participated in a women's crossfit competition, which was a fundraiser for a local women's shelter.
I had 2 goals for my first Crossfit competition: 1) don't get injured 2) don't come in last. 

There were almost 200 women competing and about 125 in my 'scaled' division.
There were 3 WODs that covered different elements of strength, speed and stamina. We did double unders (jump rope), front squats, deadlifts, burpees, hang cleans and push presses. I was humbled because the workouts were hard and I was surrounded by women leaving me in the dust. I also felt empowered because I was proud that I tried out the competition and that I did the best I could.
Here was my standings overall: 88th (not last!!)
I have enjoyed doing Crossfit. I am challenged and stretched and inspired. I have a much better appreciation for my body and what it can do (and that is saying something after having 3 kids!) I am glad to have it to supplement and support my life, but am not so intense that it takes over my home and family life. 

1 comment:

Kelly(M&M) said...

I didn't know you did this! I am so impressed and proud of you. I would like to do Crossfit someday. Gotta make my goal to get to Boston first. :-)You are a rock star!!