A while back we did "Who am I?" Family Home Evening. We talked about being a child of God and how important each one of our kids are as a part if our family. I traced their outlines and they colored in their bodies and we added words around them that represented how they saw themselves. I recently have had "The Child Whisperer" and "5 Love Languages for Children" on my mind and so was also trying to analyze them for their type and their love language at the same time. This is what they had on their papers:
Bridger:
-Likes when mom and dad give him special things or experiences
-shows love by service and doing special things for others
-social: loves being around people
-loves learning
-happy
-loves going to the park
-wants a dog
-wants to be an illustrator and artist when he grows up
-helper
-smart
Kacy:
-knows Mom and Dad live her when they spend time with her
-She shows love by telling people or complementing others "mom is smart and wonderful and beautiful"
-wants to be a mommy and have a cat
-beautiful inside and out
-loves pretty things
-happy
-smart
-loves to play
Aron:
-Determined
-fun
-silly
-loves games
-loves to be included
-energetic
I loved this little exercise of talking about what makes them special. I hope that as they continue to grow they can stay connected to who they are and be their own biggest fans. I hope they see their blessings, their potential and their opportunities they have in their lives. I have been blessed with a lot of supportive, living people in my life, but have had a strong internal critic I am still working on silencing. I hope that as they do face challenges they have the knowledge and self confidence they need to conquor their Goliaths. There are amazing things in this world to discover and great things to experience. I hope my kids continue to love, laugh, and live to the fullest.



No comments:
Post a Comment