Saturday, November 16, 2013

Soccer for Kacy!

Kacy just wrapped up her soccer season at the YMCA. I helped coach her team of 3 and 4 year olds.
I would say Kacy mostly enjoyed trying out soccer, but I think she may want to just stick to dance in the future.
Some weeks she was really nervous to play and some weeks she would go out running and giggling as she kicked the ball.
I think the happiest she was all season was getting a trophy and a cupcake at the end of all the games.
I was proud of her for trying something new and was happy to be her coach.
As the coach, we had a very timid team. The first game we had trouble enough getting kids on the court. At one point in ine game I had all four kids on the court holding onto one of my fingers as I ran around after the ball with them. However, we discovered that if we (the coaches) handed out a sticker for every time they touched or kicked the ball the kids were more interested in playing. By the last game they actually played on their own (without having to hold hands) and seemed to be having a good time. Success!

No comments: