So, please forgive me for any sarcasm or cynicism in this post because I know people have been nice and wondering how things are going and I really appreciate your caring inquiries, but it is hard to tell people that you are not progressing in the last stage of your pregnancy and feel happy to talk about it. If you ask a pregnant woman how things are going the last weeks of pregnancy, no matter what she says, she probably just wants to cry.
However, here is our update... The last few weeks of doctor appointments have only affirmed that I am definitely still pregnant. I had an emergency C-Section with Bridger and am trying to send positive affirmations to the universe that I can do a successful VBAC this time. The parameters here are that they will not do anything to help me go into labor, and will only let me go 7 days or so after my due date before scheduling an elective C-Section.
So, I am trying to stay positive, knowing that my due date is still a week away, but with each passing day I feel a little more anxious to have my body back and try to keep myself from calling the Dr. and scheduling the surgery for, say, this afternoon. A lot could still happen, but for now this little girl's position is still very high and my cervix is still very closed. On a positive note, I have been having those fake, painless, Braxton-Hicks contractions that do not really have anything to do with labor, BUT I never had them with Bridger, so maybe, somehow, this could be a good sign, right?
Anyway, any positive encouragement, good jokes, or even guesses on this baby's height and weight that you want to send my way to help keep my mind of still being pregnant will be much appreciated.
10 comments:
You are all BABY! You have this little bump and that's it. You look amazing! She is going to be a tiny little girl. My guess is she will be 7lbs 9oz and 20inches long!
You have such a short amount of time compared to me and I feel the same(or I can at least relate). I want it over with I have 12 weeks to go and she is measuring bigger than where I am- so I can relate to wanting your body back(or at least my own). I was going to ask about the color in the 2nd picture- but I figured it was either you turning blue in hopes of pushing her out or it was Jimmie =)
Eat Spicy stuff, do lots of walking(try running). I guess try all the Old wives tales stuff. It won't hurt to try.
1 week is a lifetime, I know that doesn't help, but there are many Blessing in having only 1 more week left. You'll find them.
12 lbs
24 inches
Name: ????
Maybe the baby can't come until she knows we have a name picked out.
BLAH for the end of pregnancy, granted my kids were early, but there were 2 of them and I was ready for them to come the minute we passed the safe point. Here is something to help your positive thoughts...if your water breaks, it will put you into labor, maybe it is on the verge of bursting.
okay, i know that the second picture isn't very flattering...seeing that you're green. but i laughed out loud when i saw it because it was so fitting for your post.
i must say...i'm not in any more of a hurry to have kids after reading your blog. but i'm sure you're not either. good thing we're able to forget the worse and remember the best!
here's to a VBAC! best of luck!
oh yeah - 8.2 ounces and 21 inches - and a girl! at least i know i'm right on one of those.
I love your baby bump!!! I'll be thinking positive thoughts that some progress will be made soon for you. I completely understand how long these last few weeks feel!
You look great...I hope you're still feeling good. And we'll hope your little girl decides to make her appearance soon.
OK, positive encouragement...
1)Remember that when she comes out she will cry. A lot. ALL the time! Okay, so hopefully not all the time, but enjoy the "quiet" now while you can.
2)No engorgement. 'Nuf said (can you say that on a blog? Oh well, just did:)
3)You still get to claim "eating for two", so make up some random craving for say...nachos and go hog wild!!!
4)Enjoy eating spicy, flavorful or even "gassy" food now because once you start feeding her you have to alter your diet. That part stinks! HaHa! There's your joke.
5)Seriously, enjoy her while you still have her so small and so close. They grow and change so fast and while it is so exciting to see you will miss your "little" bump when she is out. You'll miss the kicks and flutters and soccer practice and the closeness that only the two of you can share.
You CAN do IT!!!
Love,
Lori, Steve, Maddie and Amelia
When choosing a name for your baby, go to the back door and shout it out a few times.
A man and his wife were making their first doctor visit prior to the birth of their first child. After everything checked out, the doctor took a small stamp and stamped the wife's stomach with indelible ink.
The couple was curious about what the stamp was for, so when they got home, the husband dug out his magnifying glass to try to see what it was. In very tiny letters, the stamp said, "When you can read this, come back and see me."
Q: What position should the baby be in during the ninth month of pregnancy ?
A: Head down, pressing firmly on your bladder
Q: How do I know if my baby has dropped ?
A: He/She will start crying. Be more careful !
Q: Will I love my dog less when the baby is born ?
A: No, but your husband will most likely get on your nerves
Love you!
Steve
Yipee! Someone else is trying a VBAC! It worked for me! I hope it does for you too!! Preston was a week late and with neither one of my kids did I have anything more than Braxton Hicks. But, then my doctor (that I had with Mikayla) told me to start taking Evening Primrose pills and to, this sounds gross, but insert them also. But that along with my doctor stripping my membranes helped me to go into labor on my own. 3 days after my membranes were stripped, Mikayla was born! Who knows, it might work for you. Has your doctor discussed any of those options with you? Good luck!
I say 8lb 9oz and 23 inches on the 22nd at 8:23pm, VBAC.
Wow, you look great for being 39 weeks!! Good luck with the vbac....I had a repeat c-section w/ Ava since my kids were a little too close together, and I have to say the scheduled surgery was a piece of cake. Recovery, not too bad, but since I'd been through it I was prepped and ready to go. Good luck with whatever happens, cant' wait to see some pictures!
Post a Comment