It has been interesting to see how Bridger responds to Kacy. In the hospital, it was totally not interested in looking at her at all. Since coming home, he will give her a good morning kiss (after we suggest how nice that would be) then go on with the rest of his day not too interested in what she is doing. I am grateful that he has not exhibited any hostile behavior toward her, but do find his indifference interesting. Every once and a while he will be holding a favorite toy (a bear, ball or car) and look right at Kacy and firmly state: "My Bear!" So, this may just be the start of something interesting...
Here Kacy, let me give you a rose and a kiss. Then will you please stop crying?
Here's a little moment where they both happened to have the same facial expression.
Kacy is showing off her long dark hair with the combed out straight up look.
This week we are so grateful for GRANDMAS!! We have been lucky enough to have both my mom (from AZ) and Jim's mom (from OH) in town. They have been a huge help in entertaining Bridger, making meals, helping clean, entertaining Bridger, snuggling with Kacy, giving support & feedback, and entertaining Bridger. I love Bridger and his energy so much, but, well, he is two and I just do not have the energy right now to give him the stimulation and attention he would need.
Despite having 4 adults in the house (2 parents, 2 grandmas), it seems that Bridger still feels the need to fend for himself at times. One evening, we were taking a little too long to put the pasta on the table for dinner, so Bridger poured himself a nice big helping of Parmesan Cheese and started shoveling spoonfuls in his mouth. Yum?! He actually really seemed to like it and was proud to have made it himself. I can not begin to fully understand the taste buds of a two year old, but hey - if he likes it, and it is not play dough - I can't complain.


One final note; Thank you everyone for your sweet notes, messages, prayers and well wishes. We feel so blessed with the outpouring of love and support we have recieved. Our cups are full with joy at the moment. Thank you again! We love and appreciate our family and friends so much.
10 comments:
I'm glad things are going well for you all and that you've had the help of Grandmas! I definitely understand how great it is to have parents around to play with the toddler and help put dinner on the table. :)
I'm so glad that the grandmas are there to help! I love the pictures. Her dark spiky hair is awesome. His indifference is so funny - maybe it's another difference between girls and boys. My girls love any real baby they can get close to, and play with pretend babies half the day, feeding (sometimes nursing under their shirts), diapering, putting to sleep, etc.
Yippy for Grandmas!!! Arnt they the best?! I can't believe haow much hair Kacy has. Was Bridger the same?
Your pictures are so, so cute! I'm so happy for you that you have both your mothers there to help you guys out! Didn't it seem like Bridger grew a ton when you brought Kacy home from the hospital? I always felt that way with each of mine....funny. anyway, please,please call if you need anything! have a wonderful night! :)
mmm... yum. I always love Parmesan first thing int he morning. :D Kacy looks beautiful and the pictures are priceless. And... don't worry about Bridger...he'll come around to her. :D
Zach prefers straight spoonfuls of Parmesan cheese as well. Go figure! Your daughter is beautiful!
I am glad to hear you are doing a bit better and that you are all starting to adjust. Both grandmas! That is the biggest treat! Bridger has awesome facial expressions, I just LOVE the pictures of them together. Her hair is adorable, I hope she keeps it!
Congrats on such a beautiful little girl! Cant wait to meet her!
Congratulations you guys! Kacy is so beautiful and I LOVE her hair. I hope you recover quickly Mel and that you continue to get help when you need it. I agree that bringing new babies home would be a whole lot harder if Grandmas weren't around. Congrats again. Keep the pics coming.
Looks like fun times! I am apprehensive about how Carter will react to a new baby one day, too... I've heard horror stories... Good thing Bridger is so sweet! What a pretty baby!
Post a Comment