Okay, one last post about summer (obviously my favorite time of year) before I move onto another season.
In August, Jim and I were able to take a backpacking trip up Eagle Creek Trail in the Columbia River Gorge.
It was awesome! Perfect weather, Amazing waterfalls, plenty of running water to filter through our REI purchases from over the years.
I have to admit - This was my first time backpacking! I know - surprise! We camp and sleep outside quite a lot, but I could not remember a time where I had actually carried in gear to a destination and camped. (Sorry dad if this is inaccurate, and I don't remember?! I do have a terrible memory after all...)
Jim's many years of Scouting and YM's leadershipping gave us the tools and experience needed to have a great trip. We stayed at 7 1/2 mile camp.
Thank you to my mom & sis who were watching the kids so we could make this trip possible.
I REALLY love waterfalls. They have a calming, peaceful, grounding effect on me. There is something powerful about witnessing all that water cascading over rock in such a way it effects everything that surrounds it. I think there is something scientific happening, too, with positive and negative ions affecting the atmosphere - that I actually used to know, but have forgotten the explanation (again... a terrible memory).
Jim, I am so glad we had this trip together. Thanks for taking me backpacking! Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment