Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Our Return to Randomness

Jim and I have been known to be impulsive a time or two when it comes to the adventures we have. As a result of this spur of the moment attitude, we have had many good times that included camping trips, vacations, and moving across the country. We even continued this spontaneous tradition while Bridger was a wee infant. However, lately we have found ourselves asking "Why haven't we done..." "Why didn't we go..." "How did we miss..." and so on. And the answers include "Because I was pregnant and didn't feel like it." "We just had a baby." "We have all been sick. " "Remember how I was pregnant?" "It is too cold to take a one month old outside." and lastly, "I think you forgot how I was pregnant!" (you get the picture)...



So... I would like to announce the Schaffers are coming out of hibernation and getting back to the unpredictable adventure seeking lifestyle we are used to. Sunday afternoon we returned from church wondering if we should put Bridger down for a nap or jump in the car and head for the coast. On our drive we encountered rain, hail, snow and more rain. Once we arrived at the ocean, however, we were rewarded with bursts of sunshine! We enjoyed a reverent walk on the beach and Boy, was it WINDY! 


After we returned from this trip, we remembered how we love doing stuff and we are going to return to our mantra of "Just do it - you will be glad you did!" and "Try it, you will like it". 

Spring and Summer, here we come!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Hooray for adventuring with small children! Your kids are lucky to have such fun parents!

Angela said...

Your hair is getting to long....how are people going to tell us apart at the reunion?

Angela said...

Your hair is getting so long!! How are people ever going to tell us apart?