So, we recently decided that one way we could start saving a few pennies was for me to learn how to cut hair. I had trimmed Bridger's hair with
scissors a few times, but this was the first time I ever used a buzzer on him. I got him all
prepped and put on a DVD in hopes he might actually stay still.

However, one move was all it took to get one part a little shorter than I intended, so of course I had to even the rest out and LOOK! It is so short! He is this little man now! We were at
REI (of course) that evening and I looked over at some child sitting in a little camp chair, and I realized that it was MY child! I didn't even recognize him on first glance. What have I done?!

In a few weeks, maybe I will get used to it, but for now I have a bit of mommy shock I need to overcome. Hair grows back, right? Hopefully Jim will sit still the whole time when it is HIS turn...


In an unrelated yet entertaining event, I told B that in order to go outside, he needed to have his jacket and his rain shoes on. This is how he came back to me, ready to go: no pants, a brown leather hat, one crock, and one rain boot (on the wrong foot). He was very proud of himself.
10 comments:
I think it looks great! I love the grown up style. good job!
sorry, that last comment was actually from me, but my friend had used my computer and not signed out, so it looks like some stranger was commenting on your blog. Sorry.
He looks way cute, but I do understand the sadness of losing the baby look for sure!
I also think it looks great!! I have butchered each of my childrens hair a couple of times. P I had to take in last week to have hers fixed...So good job!!
I've been guilty of cutting a little too much off before too, but I think you did a great job! He's so cute!
Oh my goodness! The 3rd picture is breath taking! He looks like he's 6! I know not helping your "Mommy Shock"! He looks so handsome and so much older! Yes, it does grow back, but you never know with Summer right around the corner- it maybe a good idea for short hair. I could never have the hair dresser cut Michael's that short(Alan would kill me!!!)! You did a great job.
It looks cute Mel! Good job! And don't worry... It does grow back. Preston is evidence of that ( I have butched his hair so many times and it still keeps growing back!), and good luck with cutting Jim's hair. I am still trying to get the hang of cutting Ryan's. Maybe third time's a charm? Hope you guys are well! Kacy is adorable!
I totally understand--Carter's first buzz had me doing double takes for a week! Surprisingly, he held very still for me--I think he was afraid of what the clippers would do if he moved..! Bridger looks very handsome!
I love the haircut! So cute!
Mel--
You are braver than I!! Big Michael had me cut his hair the day before we got married, even though I told him I didn't know how. He insisted that with clippers, I couldn't mess up or cut it too short. We've been married 15 years, and I haven't been asked to cut his hair again! I cut little Michael's hair once when he was about 18 months old, and he won't let me near him with scissors or clippers. I don't know why they won't let me try again...
Aunt Peggy
Post a Comment